Welcome to the Land Rover Owners' Club of Victoria
The Land-Rover Owners' Club of Victoria Inc. is the longest established four wheel drive Club in Australia, being formed on Friday, 13th September, 1963. Originally it was an Overseas Branch of the Land- Rover Owners' Club of England; since then independent branches have been formed in every State of Australia. The Victorian Club has approximately 1000 members. Club meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 8pm, except January. Meetings are held at the Manningham Function Centre on Doncaster Hill (known as the MFC) 699 Doncaster Road Doncaster (Melways 33, F12) . Visitors are very welcome. If you wish to join or know more about the Club, come along to one of the Meetings, or talk to any Club Member or a Committee Member for more details.PO Box 962, Mount Waverley,Victoria, 3149Ph. 1800 357628
Statement Of Purpose
The purposes of the Land Rover Owners' Club of Victoria Inc are to:
- Promote, represent, encourage and support the recreation of four-wheel drive touring.
- Promote and represent the interests of owners and drivers of vehicles made by Land Rover.
- Pursue and conduct training programmes and projects which affect four wheel drive touring and the activities of the Club generally.
- Co-operate with or assist any organisation having objectives and purposes similar to those of the Club in any manner which may further the interest of four-wheel drive touring.
- Co-operate with and assist all levels of government, land management authorities and the private sector in the needs of four wheel drive touring and initiating the means of meeting those needs.
- Preserve the Land-Rover marque.
LROCV 50th Anniversary
A celebration of 50 years of the Land Rover Owners Club of Victoria
(full details can be viewed on the club calendar)
- February: 50th Anniversary Celebration Launch Function
- March 9 - 11: Mansfield Base Camp
- March 29 - April 1: Paxina Base Camp. Inter-Club gathering with Newcastle Club
- April 20 - 28: West-East Alps Crossing - Revisit the first ever high country trip
- June 06 - 11: Gundagai Gathering - Revisit Gundagai, scene of inter-club motorkhanas
- August: Simpson Desert Circumnavigation
- August: Leaf Springs Across the Simpson
- August: Snow Trip
- September 13 - 15: 50th Birthday Celebration Gathering
- October: Lerderderg Gorge - Revisit the first ever day trip
- November 2 - 5: Wannangatta Base Camp
- December 6: General Meeting - Launch of commemorative book and DVD